For those looking to set up their own home gym for CrossFit or power lifting, bumper plates are probably the first thing on your list to get. For most, competition level plates are too expensive for a home gym so standard/economy plates are the way to go. Here is a quick price comparison of some of the entry level bumper plates currently on the market. These have been ranked in order of price. For the purpose of this price comparison, I’ll be comparing the price of one 20kg bumper plate as a standard.
To get more info about a particular brand, click on the picture to go the store’s website.
1. Standard Bumper Plate by IronEdge – $75.00 (normally $105.00)
2. Coloured Bumper Plate by NC Fitness – $84.00
3. Black Rubber Bumper Plate by Whitelabel Fitness – $85.80
4. SPS Black/Coloured Bumper Plate by SPS Gear – $90.00
5. Coloured Rubber Bumper Plate by Whitelabel Fitness – $91.30
6. AF Bumper Plate by Again Faster – $94.50
7. Olympic Bumper Black by Renouf Fitness Equipment – $99.00
8. Econ V2 by Pendlay (MuscleDriver AU) – $100.00
Note: Pendlays are also sold at Gym and Fitness and BeFit (SA)
9. Black Series Bumper Plate by IronEdge – $110.00
10. Olympic Bumper Coloured by Renouf Fitness Equipment – $119.00
11. AF Hitemp by Again Faster – $137.50
12. G2 Black Bumper Plate by Garage Gym (Aussie Strength) – $150
Hope this helps you in your search for bumper plates.
FitGear – The Gym Gear Guide takes no responsibility for the accuracy of these prices. These are the prices as of the 12 June 2014 and are subject to change at the retailer’s discretion. The information provided here is as a guide only. For up-to-date prices, please visit the retailer specified.